Donation via GOFUNDME.COM
StorySlime SnailFarm Creative Writing Project for Kidz
In a world of computers and gadgets where children often find it challenging to communicate with one another in a meaningful way we, at SnailFarm, have created a writing project which helps children both connect and co-create together.
The Project is entitled Story Slime. It is designed to help 9-12 year olds develop their creative muscles with particular focus on: creative writing in English, understanding of different cultural environments, and healthy emotional moral and spiritual development.
The Project will invite children from across the world to co-write an animated story – based on characters from SnailFarm and in similar style to ‘The Simpsons’.
The Project will be hosted on an E-learning site which will provide place for the children to both express their creative ideas and, where their creativity is indicative of deeper concerns, to discuss and find resolution to issues they face.
We hope that those children who participate will have immense fun creating a story in a stimulating, fun and above all supportive environment. And beyond that they will be able to develop their creative writing, their English, and their awareness of the cultures of others.
Who are we? We are a mixture of teachers, healthcare professionals, coaches and parents. Click here for more information.
How will it work?
1. We plan to create a short introductory film about the Project that school teachers can present to the children who show interest in creative writing in English.
2. Where children take up the invitation we will ask these teachers to manage the Project in their schools.
3. We will provide further online guidance and e-learning to help children learn the skills necessary to write and submit the stories.
4. We will appoint a committee to evaluate each story. Where a story is selected the child concerned will be rewarded with a gift, customised with the Snail character of their choice.
5. When a sufficient number of stories are selected, we will work with an animation company to turn the stories into a series of cartoons.
6. The stories will be published on the E-Learning sites to be viewed by all.
7. To keep the stories alive for children we will also be issuing a range of products featuring the SnailFarm characters.
We need your help.
This project needs funds and money to make it and the SnailFarm characters come alive.
We will make sure that anyone who invests with us will receive regular updates on the progress of the Project.
We do hope that you will join us on this journey.
Thank you for your interest and support.
If you wish to learn more about the project, the creators, managers and/or wish to support the Project in other ways, please, don’t hesitate to contact us.